World Hearing day is a global event and World Health Organisation (WHO) initiative held on the 3rd of March every year. This year, World hearing day marks the launch of the World Report on Hearing, a global call to action to address hearing loss and ear health at every stage of life.
This year’s theme is: Hearing Care for All.
Screen. Rehabilitate. Communicate.
The key messages for the public on World Hearing Day 2021 are:
- Good hearing and communication are important at all stages of life
- Hearing loss (and related ear diseases) can be avoided through preventative actions such as: protection against loud sounds; good ear care practices and immunization
- Hearing loss (and related ear diseases) can be addressed when it is identified in a timely manner and appropriate care sought
- People at risk of hearing loss should check their hearing regularly
- People with hearing loss (or related ear diseases) should seek care from a health care provider
Where does Audeara fit in this year’s theme?
Screen: While we’re not a medical device, the information you get about how your individual hearing profile compares to your friends and family, or understanding the difference between your left and right ears, can be a useful introduction to a conversation about your hearing health.
Using the Audeara App you can perform your self-directed hearing analysis. Load your results on your headphones to hear the difference that personalised sound makes!
Audeara headphones can be used on their own for a great experience tailored to your individual needs or as an adjunct to existing hearing aids and cochlear processors.
Communicate: Audeara headphones use Bluetooth to connect to any device you want to listen to, and they also have a microphone so they work really well for phone calls and video calls too! Let us focus on making the sound great so you can focus on the person you’re talking to.
We are proud to participate in this initiative and work in the hearing healthcare industry. We partner with over 700 Audiology clinics in Australia and we encourage everyone to go and see your local audiologist and learn more about how you can improve your life by improving your hearing.
Audeara headphones are available through our valued Hearing Clinic stockists nation-wide.