Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
Agreement to terms
These Terms and Conditions constitute a legally binding agreement made between you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“you”) and Audeara Pty Ltd (“we,” “us” or “our”), concerning your access to and use of the AUDEARA SERVICES as well as any other media form, software, website, media channel, mobile website or mobile application related, linked, or otherwise connected thereto (collectively, the “SERVICE”). You agree that by accessing the SERVICE, you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by all of these Terms and Conditions Use. If you do not agree with all of these terms and conditions, then you are expressly prohibited from using the service and you must discontinue use immediately.
Supplemental terms and conditions or documents that may be posted on the SERVICE from time to time are hereby expressly incorporated herein by reference. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason. We will alert you about any changes by updating the “Last updated” date of these Terms and Conditions and you waive any right to receive specific notice of each such change. It is your responsibility to periodically review these Terms and Conditions to stay informed of updates. You will be subject to, and will be deemed to have been made aware of and to have accepted, the changes in any revised Terms and Conditions by your continued use of the SERVICE after the date such revised Terms are posted.
The information provided on the SERVICE is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the SERVICE from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Intellectual property rights
Provided that you are eligible to use the SERVICE, you are granted a limited license to access and use the SERVICE and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the SERVICE, Content and the Marks.
By using the SERVICE, you represent and warrant that:
- you will not access the SERVICE through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script or otherwise;
- you will not use the SERVICE for any illegal or unauthorised purpose; and
- your use of the SERVICE will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the SERVICE (or any portion thereof).
You may be required to register with the SERVICE. You agree to keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your account and password. We reserve the right to remove, reclaim, or change a username you select if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
You may not access or use the SERVICE for any purpose other than that for which we make the SERVICE available. The SERVICE may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavours except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of the SERVICE, you agree not to:
- systematically retrieve data or other content from the SERVICE to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- make any unauthorised use of the SERVICE, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretences.
- use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the SERVICE.
- use the SERVICE to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
- circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the SERVICE, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the SERVICE and/or the Content contained therein.
- engage in unauthorised framing of or linking to the SERVICE.
- trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords;
- make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the SERVICE or the networks or services connected to the SERVICE.
- attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- use any information obtained from the SERVICE in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- use the SERVICE as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the SERVICE and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavour or commercial enterprise.
- decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the SERVICE.
- attempt to bypass any measures of the SERVICE designed to prevent or restrict access to the SERVICE, or any portion of the SERVICE.
- harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the SERVICE to you.
- delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the SERVICE or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the SERVICE.
- upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the SERVICE, or using or launching any unauthorised script or other software.
- disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the SERVICE.
- use the SERVICE in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
User generated contributions
The SERVICE may invite you to chat, contribute to, or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums, and other functionality, and may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to us or on the SERVICE, including but not limited to text, writings, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material (collectively, “Contributions”). Personal information includes information about personal health metrics such as hearing sensitivity which will be de-identified but may be used by us for any purpose. Personal information also includes information about listening sound levels and sound exposure. We collect this information to improve the product and, we hope, make music safer for people. Contributions may be viewable by other users of the SERVICE and through third-party websites. As such, any Contributions you transmit may be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. When you create or make available any Contributions, you thereby represent and warrant that:
- the creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
- your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
- your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libellous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
- your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
- your Contributions do not advocate the violent overthrow of any government or incite, encourage, or threaten physical harm against another.
- your Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
- your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- your Contributions do not contain any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner.
- your Contributions do not violate any federal or state law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors;
- your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
By posting your Contributions to any part of the SERVICE or making Contributions accessible to the SERVICE by linking your account from the SERVICE to any of your social networking accounts, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to us an unrestricted, unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, fully-paid, worldwide right, and license to host, use, copy, reproduce, disclose, sell, resell, publish, broadcast, retitle, archive, store, cache, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, transmit, excerpt (in whole or in part), and distribute such Contributions (including, without limitation, your image and voice) for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Contributions, and grant and authorise sub-licenses of the foregoing. The use and distribution may occur in any media formats and through any media channels.
This license will apply to any form, media, or technology now known or hereafter developed, and includes our use of your name, company name, and franchise name, as applicable, and any of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and personal and commercial images you provide. You waive all moral rights in your Contributions, and you warrant that moral rights have not otherwise been asserted in your Contributions.
We do not assert any ownership over your Contributions. You retain full ownership of all of your Contributions and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Contributions. We are not liable for any statements or representations in your Contributions provided by you in any area on the SERVICE. You are solely responsible for your Contributions to the SERVICE and you expressly agree to exonerate us from any and all responsibility and to refrain from any legal action against us regarding your Contributions.
We have the right, in our sole and absolute discretion:
- to edit, redact, or otherwise change any Contributions;
- to re-categorise any Contributions to place them in more appropriate locations on the SERVICE; and
- to pre-screen or delete any Contributions at any time and for any reason, without notice.
We have no obligation to monitor your Contributions.
Guidelines for reviews
We may provide you areas on the SERVICE to leave reviews or ratings. When posting a review, you must comply with the following criteria:
- you should have firsthand experience with the person/entity being reviewed;
- your reviews should not contain offensive profanity, or abusive, racist, offensive, or hate language;
- your reviews should not contain discriminatory references based on religion, race, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability;
- your reviews should not contain references to illegal activity;
- you should not be affiliated with competitors if posting negative reviews;
- you should not make any conclusions as to the legality of conduct;
- you may not post any false or misleading statements; and
- you may not organise a campaign encouraging others to post reviews, whether positive or negative.
We may accept, reject, or remove reviews in our sole discretion. We have absolutely no obligation to screen reviews or to delete reviews, even if anyone considers reviews objectionable or inaccurate. Reviews are not endorsed by us, and do not necessarily represent our opinions or the views of any of our affiliates or partners. We do not assume liability for any review or for any claims, liabilities, or losses resulting from any review. By posting a review, you hereby grant to us a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, assignable, and sub-licensable right and license to reproduce, modify, translate, transmit by any means, display, perform, and/or distribute all content relating to reviews.
Mobile application license
- decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, or decrypt the application;
- make any modification, adaptation, improvement, enhancement, translation, or derivative work from the application;
- violate any applicable laws, rules, or regulations in connection with your access or use of the application;
- remove, alter, or obscure any proprietary notice (including any notice of copyright or trademark) posted by us or the licensors of the application;
- use the application for any revenue generating endeavour, commercial enterprise, or other purpose for which it is not designed or intended;
- make the application available over a network or other environment permitting access or use by multiple devices or users at the same time;
- use the application for creating a product, service, or software that is, directly or indirectly, competitive with or in any way a substitute for the application;
- use the application to send automated queries to any website or to send any unsolicited commercial e-mail; or
- use any proprietary information or any of our interfaces or our other intellectual property in the design, development, manufacture, licensing, or distribution of any applications, accessories, or devices for use with the application.
Apple and Android Devices
The following terms apply when you use a mobile application obtained from either the Apple Store or Google Play (each an “App Distributor”) to access the SERVICE:
- the license granted to you for our mobile application is limited to a non-transferable license to use the application on a device that utilises the Apple iOS or Android operating systems, as applicable, and in accordance with the usage rules set forth in the applicable App Distributor’s terms of service;
- in the event of any failure of the mobile application to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify the applicable App Distributor, and the App Distributor, in accordance with its terms and policies, may refund the purchase price, if any, paid for the mobile application, and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the App Distributor will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the mobile application;
- you must comply with applicable third-party terms of agreement when using the mobile application, e.g., if you have a VoIP application, then you must not be in violation of their wireless data service agreement when using the mobile application; and
As part of the functionality of the SERVICE, you may link your account with online accounts you have with third-party service providers (each such account, a “Third-Party Account”) by either:
- providing your Third-Party Account login information through the SERVICE; or
- allowing us to access your Third-Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third-Party Account.
You represent and warrant that you are entitled to disclose your Third-Party Account login information to us and/or grant us access to your Third-Party Account, without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third-Party Account, and without obligating us to pay any fees or making us subject to any usage limitations imposed by the third-party service provider of the Third-Party Account. By granting us access to any Third-Party Accounts, you understand that:
- we may access, make available, and store (if applicable) any content that you have provided to and stored in your Third-Party Account (the “Social Network Content”) so that it is available on and through the SERVICE via your account, including without limitation any friend lists and
- we may submit to and receive from your Third-Party Account additional information to the extent you are notified when you link your account with the Third-Party Account.
Depending on the Third-Party Accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Third-Party Accounts, personally identifiable information that you post to your Third-Party Accounts may be available on and through your account on the SERVICE. Please note that if a Third-Party Account or associated service becomes unavailable or our access to such Third-Party Account is terminated by the third-party service provider, then Social Network Content may no longer be available on and through the SERVICE. You will have the ability to disable the connection between your account on the SERVICE and your Third-Party Accounts at any time. Please note that your relationship with the third-party service providers associated with your third-party accounts is governed solely by your agreement(s) with such third-party service providers. We make no effort to review any Social Network Content for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality, or non-infringement, and we are not responsible for any Social Network Content. You acknowledge and agree that we may access your email address book associated with a Third-Party Account and your contacts list stored on your mobile device or tablet computer solely for purposes of identifying and informing you of those contacts who have also registered to use the SERVICE. You can deactivate the connection between the SERVICE and your Third-Party Account by contacting us using the contact information below or through your account settings (if applicable). We will attempt to delete any information stored on our servers that was obtained through such Third-Party Account, except the username and profile picture that become associated with your account.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information regarding the SERVICE (“Submissions”) provided by you to us are non-confidential and shall become our sole property. We shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you. You hereby waive all moral rights to any such Submissions, and you hereby warrant that any such Submissions are original with you or that you have the right to submit such Submissions. You agree there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your Submissions.
Third-party websites and content
We allow advertisers to display their advertisements and other information in certain areas of the SERVICE, such as sidebar advertisements or banner advertisements. If you are an advertiser, you shall take full responsibility for any advertisements you place on the SERVICE and any services provided on the SERVICE or products sold through those advertisements. Further, as an advertiser, you warrant and represent that you possess all rights and authority to place advertisements on the SERVICE, including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, publicity rights, and contractual rights. As an advertiser, you agree that such advertisements are subject to our Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Notice and Policy provisions as described below, and you understand and agree there will be no refund or other compensation for DMCA takedown-related issues.We simply provide the space to place such advertisements, and we have no other relationship with advertisers.
We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to:
- in our sole discretion and without limitation, refuse, restrict access to, limit the availability of, or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) any of your Contributions or any portion thereof;
- in our sole discretion and without limitation, notice, or liability, to remove from the SERVICE or otherwise disable all files and content that are excessive in size or are in any way burdensome to our systems; and
- otherwise manage the SERVICE in a manner designed to protect our rights and property and to facilitate the proper functioning of the SERVICE.
Digital millennium copyright act (DMCA) notice and policy
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any material available on or through the SERVICE infringes upon any copyright you own or control, please immediately notify our Designated Copyright Agent using the contact information provided below (a “Notification”). A copy of your Notification will be sent to the person who posted or stored the material addressed in the Notification. Please be advised that pursuant to federal law you may be held liable for damages if you make material misrepresentations in a Notification. Thus, if you are not sure that material located on or linked to by the SERVICE infringes your copyright, you should consider first contacting an attorney.
All Notifications should include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on the SERVICE are covered by the Notification, a representative list of such works on the SERVICE;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed upon.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any material available on or through the SERVICE infringes upon any copyright you own or control, please immediately notify us using the contact information provided below (a “Notification”). A copy of your Notification will be sent to the person who posted or stored the material addressed in the Notification. Please be advised that pursuant to federal law you may be held liable for damages if you make material misrepresentations in a Notification. Thus, if you are not sure that material located on or linked to by the SERVICE infringes your copyright, you should consider first contacting an attorney.
Term and termination
Modifications and interruptions
We reserve the right to change, modify, or remove the contents of the SERVICE at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. However, we have no obligation to update any information on our SERVICE. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the SERVICE without notice at any time. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the SERVICE.
There may be information on the SERVICE that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to the SERVICE, including descriptions, pricing, availability, and various other information. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update the information on the SERVICE at any time, without prior notice.
The SERVICE is provided on an as-is and as-available basis. You agree that your use of the SERVICE will be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the SERVICE and your use thereof, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the SERVICE’S Content or Content of any websites linked to the SERVICE and we will assume no liability or responsibility for any:
- errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of Content and Materials,
- personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the SERVICE,
- any unauthorised access to or use of our SECURE servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein,
- any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the service,
- any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the SERVICE by any third party, and/or
- any errors or omissions in any Content and Materials or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the SERVICE. We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the SERVICE, any hyperlinked website, or any website or mobile application featured in any banner or other advertising, and we will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and any third-party providers of products or services. As with the purchase of a product or service through any medium or in any environment, you should use your best judgement and exercise caution where appropriate.
Limitations of liability
In no event will We or our Directors, Employees, or Agents be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special, or punitive damages, including lose profit, lost revenue, loss of data, or other damages arising from your use of the SERVICE, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless, including our subsidiaries, affiliates, and all of our respective officers, agents, partners, and employees, from and against any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, made by any third party due to or arising out of:
- your Contributions;
- use of the SERVICE;
- your violation of the rights of a third party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights; or
- any overt harmful act toward any other user of the SERVICE with whom you connected via the SERVICE.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate, at your expense, with our defence of such claims. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action, or proceeding which is subject to this indemnification upon becoming aware of it.
We will maintain certain data that you transmit to the SERVICE for the purpose of managing and improving the SERVICE, as well as data relating to your use of the SERVICE. Although we perform regular routine backups of data, you are solely responsible for all data that you transmit or that relates to any activity you have undertaken using the SERVICE. You agree that we shall have no liability to you for any loss or corruption of any such data, and you hereby waive any right of action against us arising from any such loss or corruption of such data.
If you take part in any competition which is run in or through the Services, you agree to be bound by the rules of that competition and any other rules specified by Audeara from time to time (“Competition Rules“) and by the decisions of Audeara, which are final in all matters relating to the Competition. Audeara reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner in its absolute discretion without notice in accordance with the Competition Rules.
Electronic communications, transactions, and signatures
Visiting the SERVICE, sending us emails, and completing online forms constitute electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications, and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications we provide to you electronically, via email and on the SERVICE, satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be in writing. You hereby agree to the use of the electronic signatures, contracts, orders, and other records, and to electronic delivery of notices, policies, and records of transactions initiated or completed by us or via the SERVICE. You hereby waive any rights or requirements under any statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances, or other laws in any jurisdiction which require an original signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records, or to payments or the granting of credits by any means other than electronic means.
In order to resolve a complaint regarding the SERVICE or to receive further information regarding use of the SERVICE, please contact us at:
Level 1, North Tower, 527 Gregory Terrace