ON-LINE PRIVACY STATEMENT
ADOPTED: 3RD OCTOBER 2017
At Audeara, we are committed to safeguarding your privacy. We want you to know how we may collect, use, share, and keep information about you and the choices that are available to you.
When we provide products or services to you, we may also give you additional details about how we will use your personal information.
This online privacy statement applies to Audeara websites, and online services that may run on smart phones, tablets, and other mobile devices (“apps”). It does not apply to those websites that have their own online privacy statements such as any of our Affiliate websites and Kickstarter.
Not all the information described in the online privacy statement is ‘Personal Information’ under the Privacy Act - some of the Online Information we collect does not identify you (for example, some information we collect using cookies or information that is aggregated or de-identified).
Our websites and apps are not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit data online from, or communicate online to, children under 18 years of age.
Since we may change this online privacy statement, we recommend that you check the current version available from time to time. If we make changes to this statement, we will update the Effective Date at the top of this page.
What's in this Online Privacy Statement ?
- What information does this online privacy statement cover?
- What information do we collect online and how do we collect it?
- How do we use the information we collect about you?
- How do we share your information?
- How do we keep and safeguard your information?
- What are your choices?
- What are your choices about how we directly communicate with you?
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Do you have questions about the online privacy statement or your personal information?
What information does this online privacy statement cover?
This online privacy statement describes how we (and our Service Providers) may collect, use, share, and keep information that we get about you online. We may gather Online Information if you:
- Visit or use our websites or apps
- Receive or reply to electronic communications from us
- View or click on our ads or other online content; and
- Interact with us through social media websites and other websites and apps.
What information do we collect online and how do we collect it?
The types of information we collect depends on which product or service you use and how you interact with Audeara.
Sometimes you give information directly to us (or to our Service Providers). For example, you might give us your name, e-mail, mailing address, phone number, or date of birth when you:
- fill out an online form or survey
- enter a contract or agreement with Audeara
- register or enroll in our research programs
- propose to invest and purchase securities in our company
- enter a competition or register for a marketing offer; or
- use a service on our websites or apps.
We (and our Service Providers or Third-Party Ad-Servers) may collect information using Cookies and Similar Technologies about:
- the device you use to access our websites or apps (for example, we may collect information about the operating system or the browser version and the type of computer or mobile device);
- the IP Address and information related to that IP Address (such as domain information, your internet provider and general geographic location);
- browsing history on our websites or apps (such as what you search for, the pages you view, how long you stay, and how often you come back);
- how you search for our websites or apps, and from which website or app you came from;
- which ads or online content from us you view, access, or click on;
- whether you open our electronic communications and which parts you click on (for example, which links you use); and
- the location of your mobile device (for example, to help prevent fraud or when you register to receive location-based content on our mobile websites or apps).
How do we use the information we collect about you?
We may use Online Information we collect about you on its own or combine it with Other Information to:
- deliver products and services, including to
- recognize you when you return to our websites or use our apps
- tell you about updates to your accounts, products, and services
- update you about new features and benefits
- answer questions and respond to your requests made through our websites or apps and through third-party websites (including social media)
- use the location of your mobile device for location-based services that you may request
- determine how to best provide services to you, such as the best way and time to contact you
- improve our websites or apps and make them easier to use
- advertise and market our products and services, including to
- present content that is tailored to your interests, including Targeted Advertising
- send or provide you with ads, promotions, and offers
- analyse whether our ads, promotions, and offers are effective
- help us determine whether you may be interested in new products or services
- conduct research and analysis, including to:
- better understand our customers and our website and app users
- allow you to give feedback by rating and reviewing our products and services
- produce data analytics, statistical research, and reports
- review and change our products and services
- manage fraud and security risk, including to:
- detect and prevent fraud or criminal activity
- safeguard the security of your information
- assess credit risks relating to our business, including to evaluate and process your applications for our products and services and manage your existing accounts; and
- use it in other ways as required or permitted by law or with your consent.
How do we share your information?
Some Online Information is Personal Information.
How we treat your Personal Information?
We do not share Personal Information with anyone except as described below. We may share Personal Information as required or as permitted by law, such as:
- with regulatory authorities, courts, and governmental agencies to comply with legal orders, legal or regulatory requirements, and government requests;
- with our Service Providers, regulatory authorities, and governmental agencies to detect and prevent fraud or criminal activity, and to protect the rights of Audeara or others;
- with our Service Providers who perform services for us and help us operate our business (we require Service Providers to safeguard Personal Information and only use your Personal Information for the purposes we specify); or
- for specific products or services, when you have given your consent.
How we handle Aggregate and De-identified Information?
Aggregated Information or De-identified Information does not identify you individually; it helps us to analyse patterns among groups of people. We may share Aggregated Information or De- identified Information in several ways, for example
- for the same reasons as we might share Personal Information
- with Business Partners to help develop and market programs, products or services and present targeted content including Targeted Advertising;
- with Business Partners to conduct analysis and research about customers, website and app users; or
- with Third-Party Ad-Servers to place ads (including ads of our Business Partners) on various websites and apps, and to analyse the effectiveness of those ads.
How do we keep and safeguard your information?
We use administrative technical and physical security measures to protect your Personal Information. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and facilities. We take reasonable steps to securely destroy or permanently de-identify Personal Information when we no longer need it.
We will keep your Online Information only as long as we must to deliver our products and services, unless we are required by law or regulation or for litigation and regulatory investigations to keep it.
What are your choices?
You have choices about how Audeara uses your information, such as how we market to you or how we manage Cookies and Similar Technologies.
What are your choices about how we directly communicate with you?
You can choose how you would like to receive direct communications - whether we send them to you through postal mail, email and/or telephone. If you choose to not receive communications from us, we will honor your choice. Please be aware that if you choose not to receive such communications, certain offers attached to the products or services you have chosen may be affected. We will still communicate with you in connection with servicing your account, fulfilling your requests, or administering any promotion or any program in which you have elected to participate.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
If you do not want us to collect information about you using Cookies and Similar Technologies you can disable or delete them. Most computer systems and browsers offer their own privacy settings. We encourage you to use them to enhance your choices. Most browsers’ advanced settings (such as those in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari) allow you to disable Cookies & Similar Technologies.
Important - If you do disable or delete Cookies and Similar Technologies, some site features and services may not work. You will need to manage your settings for each computer and browser you use to access the Internet.
Do you have questions about the online privacy statement or how we process your personal information?
You will always have a right to access, update, and change or correct your Personal Information. If you want to do so or if you have any questions about how we process your Personal Information, or about our online privacy statement, to email us at the following address: email@example.com.
Aggregated Information - data or information relating to multiple people which has been combined or aggregated. Aggregated Information includes information that we create or compile from various sources, including card transactions or certain data from Cookies and Similar Technologies.
Audeara (we, our, us) – Audeara Pty Ltd ACN 604 368 443 as identified at the beginning of this online privacy statement.
Cookies and Similar Technologies - a cookie is a small data file that an app or website transfers to your computer's hard drive. We may place cookies when you use our websites or apps or where you use another company’s website and apps that our ads appear on. We may also place cookies when you request or personalize information, or register for certain services. If you accept these cookies, you may give us access to information about your interests. We may use that information to personalize your experience. Similar technologies such as web beacons, pixels, gifs, and tags also do the same thing. We use the term Cookies and Similar Technologies in this statement to refer to all technologies that collect information in this way.
De-identified Information - data or information used in a way that does not identify you to a third party. We often derive De-Identified Information from Personal Information. It includes information that we may collect from various sources, such as card transactions or certain data from Cookies and Similar Technologies.
IP Address - a number assigned to a device when connecting to the Internet.
Online Information - data or information which may include Personal Information, Aggregated Information and De-Identified Information collected on Audeara websites and apps as well as on websites and apps of third parties relating to topics about our business.
Other Information - Audeara internal information, information from our Business Partners, and other online and offline information we collect from or about you.
Personal Information - means information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion (such as name, address or telephone number).
Service Providers - any vendor, third party and/or company that performs business operations on our behalf, such as printing, mailing, and other communications services (email, direct mail, etc.), marketing, data processing, servicing, collections, or ad management.
Targeted Advertising - ads we, or our Service Providers, display on websites or apps outside Audeara based on the preferences or interests inferred from data collected from a particular computer or device regarding web viewing behaviors over time and across different websites and apps.
Third-Party Ad-Servers - companies that provide the technology to place ads on websites (and apps) and track how ads perform. These companies may also place and access cookies on your device. The information they collect from our websites or apps is in a form that does not identify you personally.